Thursday, December 3, 2009

The healing smile

We all have pain in life and we all will agree to it.
Sometimes, we sit alone, pondering over how much we have to suffer, while others are so happy and contented. we look at others, their smiling faces, things which they have and we don't and feel gloomier. we feel we are made to suffer so much and our life is such a hell. Well, even i get bouts of such feelings at times. there are different ways people deal with such a feeling. Some grab a bottle of beer and have it their way. Some walk down and smoke to content. Some cry till they fall asleep. Some show it in anger at some third person. My way of releasing this pressure is unique and safest. Atleast i feel so.

When i feel low, I grab my bag, my iPod, some money and move out. Walk to the station, grab a train which goes to Marine lines. Hang on the door in the train, feel the wind blowing on me, take a look at the desperate poor people in the 2nd class compartment. Their faces, their expressions totally take you out of your selfish world.

I get down at marine lines station, walk the line a little, sit and watch the sea. the sea gives me inspiration. it tells me how eternal it is. It tells me how it holds so much of life within itself and never complains.

The Sea is my model in life. So serene and composed, yet, can cause immense turbulence when it is being messed with. Its depth is uncountable. It can help millions of people as well as swallow them at a gulp. It contains immense valuables and treasures inside it, but it is numb and indifferent to it.

Looking at the sea, my eyes transfer all their pain, all their sorrow inside it. The sea dissolves my pain in them and gives me a reason to live. Tells me that dont die insignificantly. You have a greater reason to live.

After having my heart lightened, I walk on the road, listening to songs, leading me anywhere the path goes. Whoever i see on the road needy, old women, people struggling with lot of bags, small kids, fighting kids, crying people, accidents, anything i encounter, i go give a hand to them and get a smile back from them, which is invaluable and definately makes my day.


2 comments: